The morning started with a 2 mile EC ruck with Short Circuit, Ditka and Go Blue! with each taking turns carrying a 30lb sandbag. YHC broke off from the ruck to set up for the morning beatdown then joined PAX at the ShovelFlag. Welcomed all who showed up despite the cold temperatures, shared my appreciation for them supporting me on my VQ, flubbed the mission statement*, delivered the disclaimer then moseyed.
- Side Shuttle Hop (IC) then moseyed
- Sumo Calf Raises (IC) then moseyed
- Toe Touch Kicks** (IC) then moseyed
- Monkey Humpers (IC) then moseyed
- Plank Swimmers*** (IC) then moseyed
- Climbing the Mountain – YHC set up ten cones at equal distance as reference points on both sides of the field and had PAXs line up on the sidewalk. On your own everyone sprinted till equal with first cone, performed 2 squat jumps then reversed lunged (or regular lunged) back to side walk. Continued by sprinting to the proceeding cones each time adding two more squat jumps and lunging back to the sidewalk. Once PAX reached furthest cone and did 20 squat jumps continued in reverse order completing exercise doing two squat jumps and lunges to sidewalk.
- Indian Run around the fields
- Everyone partnered up and did a wheelbarrow across the field then switched partners and went back across the field.
- James Bonds****
- Low Dolly (IC)
- Twisting Side Plank both sides (IC)
- Freddie Mercury (IC)
- Low Slow Flutter (IC)
- LBC (IC)
- American Hammers (IC)
- We lifted up Excitebike who has been busy with work and other obligations
- Received candor from PAXs on VQ
- Planksgiving Wednesday 11/25; 0530 at The Swanson
- Turkey Burner 12 mile Ruck Friday 11/27; 0530 reach out to Short Circuit for starting location
- After a prayer YHC shared a parting blessing I heard once in church and has inspired me during difficult times:
When you no longer know how to be, may the Father take you on your deeper journey.
When you no longer know what to do, may the Spirit revel to you your fitting task.
When all feels lost or foreign, may you know your home in Christ.
On the path that is before you, may you have companions for the journey, may you find Christ in the stranger, and may you know the love and blessing of God.
Naked Man Moleskin:
* It is good to write out things when you Q, it is better to actually read what you wrote so you get it right.
** I learned apparently also known as Toy Soldiers or the Frankenstein
*** Next time on a 4 count cadence
****YHC explained chose this exercise in honor of family tradition of Bondvember and the late great Sean Connery