Although there were warnings of freezing rain and snow, 10 brave PAX joined for another gloomy beatdown at The Swanson. We had the much anticipated return of Excitebike after a long hiatus as well as an FNG gracing us with his presence on this glorius morning.
YHC decided a March Madness themed beatdown was in order given the NCAA tournament is right around the corner.*
YHC welcomed the PAX, gave the mission, a disclaimer, and off into the drizzle for a mosey around the parking lot to the …
- SSH x15 IC
- String Rippers x15 IC
- Sun Gods x8 IC (FWD/REV)
- Captain Callout (2 rounds, all in place)
- High knees
- Butt kickers
16 exercises** were laid out in a 16-team March Madness style bracket. The seed indicates the number of reps of that exercise. After a game was played (i.e. exercises performed), 3 PAX shot a free throw***. If ANYONE made it, the higher seed wins and moves on to the next round, else the lower seed moves on.
After each round of games, the PAX did a suicide run on the b-ball court, with increasing reps of a designated exercise at each trip to the baseline.
- Free throw line and back, 4 reps.
- Half line and back, 8 reps
- Opposite free throw line and back, 12 reps
- Full court and back, 16 reps
- Round 1 = Bobby Hurleys
- Round 2 = Merkins
- Round 3 = Wojo Squats
- Round 4 = Monkey Humpers
Plank jacks for the win!
After the championship game, the PAX all did a victory lap around the basketball court****.
- Mike Tyson’s Punchout
- Straight punch x10 IC (left/right)
- Upper cut x10 IC (left/right)
- BBSU x12
- O-Face x13 (CW/CCW) *****
- American Hammers, x20 IC
- Sock hop coming up at Abduction on 3/20. Wear your best socks and bring some to donate to the FC Rescue Mission.
- March challenge underway re: men’s mental health. Never too late to join. Check Slack for details.
- Time for Rando 02-21 is almost up. You have until 3/15!
- Coffeteria at Gibs afterwards, with Q source discussion by YHC on the Jester.
- YHC led us out with a short prayer.
Naked Man Moleskin:
* #TCLAPS to F3 Princeton for the bracket idea from one of their past backblasts.
** We nearly lost a few PAX in the lake on the 100m sprint across the park. That lake creeps up on ya quick!
*** Remind me not to start an F3 rec basketball team. Definitely had more air balls than makes. We can blame it on the gloves.
**** Or 3 basketball courts.
***** Not on the Weinke, but just came to YHC and thought the PAX could use a few laughs. On my “O” of coarse, with proper voice inflection on the last rep.