There’s something to be said about putting your name on the Q sheet, and then seeing the forecast for the beatdown the night before when it projects an estimated NINE Degrees (I had to type that number out, for proper grammatical rules, since it’s below ten). NINE. Likewise, there’s something to be said about having the intestinal fortitude to throw caution to the wind and get after it on a blustery cold morning with seven other studs.
So, after YHC rolled in HOT1, blew through the mission statement and disclaimer, it was time to mosey for a Googan Lap2, where we then circled for…
- SSH x 10 (IC)
- Seal-Jacks x 12 (IC)
- Half-Jacks x 12 (IC)
- Bunny Hops x 12 (IC)
- No-Contact Burpees x 10 (IC)
- Side-Lunge with Toe Touch x 10 (IC)
- Merkins x 8 (IC)
Four cards all at a single location. Perform all exercises on the first card, then mosey a lap, move to the second card, then a lap, etc. when finished with all four cards, rinse and repeat.
- A Card
- Merkins x 8
- Lunges x 16
- Side-to-Side Chops x 12
- B Card
- Carolina Dry Docks x 10
- Jump Squats x 10
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- C Card
- Wide Merkins x 6
- Side-Lunge with Toe Touch x 12
- Windmills x 10
- D Card
- Diamond Merkins x 6
- Runner’s Lunge x 10
- No-Contact Burpees x 8
After a couple rounds of this, YHC called OMAHA, and asked for a ten-count from Man-Bear-Pig3. We then ran through a quick Indian Run Lap, before circling for some…
- Toe Touches x 10 (IC)
- Heels to Heaven x 12 (IC)
- Superman x 10 (IC) (#crowdpleaser)
- Gas Pump x 12 (IC)
- Prayer Crunch x 12 (IC)
- American Hammer x 15 (IC)
- #TAP for both Ditka and Rainbow Sprinkle’s M’s with the arrival of their 2.1s.
- With January closing down, the January Burpees + EH challenge is coming to a close; finish strong.
- February Challenge will go live by Saturday
YHC took us out with a reading of “The Station” by Robert Hastings – a fantastic reminder that we never truly “arrive” in this life.
Naked Man Moleskin:
- Pretty much got OUT of my car right at 5:30, declared “One Minute!” and was reprimanded immediately by Go Blue! #ITried
- The official F3 Fort Collins term for when you’re burning off some time with a mosey for a pax who shows up AFTER the workout has already started.
- That was, by far, the LONGEST ten-count I’ve ever experienced.