The wizard arrives exactly on time!! OK, so YHC was ONE minute late because 100 yd. cones needed to be set for The Thang. Much laughter was had at YHC expense due to shortness of breath(1). However, disclaimers were made(2) and introductions provided. With that, PAX moseyed…
YHC firmly believes in exercising one’s mind as well as body, so the W-O-R was filled with a bit of coordination (3):
- SSH x 20 IC
- 4-count SSH (hands to chest, hands extended to side, hands over head, hands to side whilst jumping out and together all the while) x 10 OMC
- 8-count SSH (hands to chest, left punch out, right punch out, left hand back in, right hand back in, hands extended to side, hands over head, hands to side whilst jumping out and together all the while) x 10 OMC
- Sun Gods x 15 IC; x 15 in reverse IC
- Merkins x 10 IC
Mosey back to…
YHC split PAX into 3 groups and rules of the game were provided…YHC did not, in fact, know what we were to do. It was up to Lady Luck! Out came an F3 Workout Deck of Cards. Cards were split into 3 piles, and each team was to draw two cards: the first told the exercise and the second told the reps required. If a sprint exercise was drawn, a second card was drawn and discarded. Royalty cards represented x 25 reps and Aces represented 100 reps.
Each group made their way through each pile of cards. A few note worthy exercises that were drawn:
- YHC team drew 200 AND 300 yard sprints. Deck was not stacked!!
- Flo’s team was the lucky recipient of 100 lunges!
- Tri-Delt’s team pulled 100 Derkins
- There may have been a couple “I told you not to shuffle!” comments.
Freddie Mercury – x 20 IC
Low Dolly – x 20 IC
Rowers – x 20 IC
Little Mermaids (both sides) – x 10 IC
American Hammers – x 25 IC
YHC gave thanks for the opportunity to lead these men on such a fine morning. YHC prayer was for these Warriors of Light to recognize their paths in life, face their daily challenges, and if they accept their battle to say YES! with full force without hesitation. But also, sometimes recognize they need to say NO. And if they need to say NO to a challenge, to do so without regret and without the slightest sign of cowardice.
Naked Man Moleskin:
- Not always being the sharpest tool in the toolbox, YHC ran 3 miles prior to The Gloom.
- Feeling quite frazzled, all disclaimers were given in reverse order. Also, the cadence was wrong in that “MOVE” was the last directive given. Corrections will be made next time!!
- While hilarity ensued, YHC decided to avoid the footwork challenges and we will do this another time!